7 Fat Burning Workouts for Men
Men are the least likely to develop fat deposits in the body given their active lifestyle. However, what is surprising is the fact that men have been topping charts in obesity these days. The figures taken from the US alone shows a shocking shift.
The thing that is more troubling than the figures are the potential harm of the increase in numbers of obese men. Obesity is the root of many illnesses like diabetes and cardiovascular diseases. This calls for the need to have a complete lifestyle change to reverse the trend.
Exercise helps a lot in solving problems like the growing obesity figures in men. So, if you are someone who is considered obese or overweight, here are some of the easy to follow fat burning workouts for men.
1. Push Ups
The thing about this workout routine is that it is easy to do. You do not even have to battle with your gym buddies just to get this done since you will never need equipment. Therefore, it can just be done at home. Here is how it is done.
- Prepare a mat on the floor. This will provide you with enough comfort while doing the reps.
- Make sure that your body is completely aligned. Do not bend.
- Do pushups for up to 10 cycles.
- You can take a rest after the cycles but limit it to up to 3 minutes in order to keep your pace.
Aside from pushups, you can also combine planking on the routine. You can couple at least a minute of planking with pushups to get optimal results. This routine will encourage muscles to expand thus releasing fat stores to reinforce the need for energy.
2. Dumbbell Dive
This workout routine on the other hand helps strengthen the muscles of the arms thus promoting metabolism which in turn would lead to fat burning.
- Maintain a planking position with your arms positioned like you are holding dumbbells.
- Hold the position and thrust your body towards the floor.
- Do a total of 12 reps for this position.
- Take a rest in between for 90 seconds before continuing.
Squatting is probably one of the oldest workouts proven to be effective to burn off fats. This does not only serve to reduce fat stores inside the body but it also tones muscles in the belly.
- Maintain a squatting position.
- As your body approaches the floor, bend your upper torso to the right.
- Get back to a standing position.
- Take a squat again.
- Bend your upper torso to the left.
- Repeat the process for up to 100 reps.
4. Wall Sit
This routine strengthens your lower back and your legs as well. Plus, it can be a good fat burning exercise as it makes use of a number of muscles.
- Lean on a solid wall.
- Squat down until your legs are bent up to 90 degrees.
- Maintain this position for as long as you can handle.
5. Jump Rope
This is possibly the easiest workout to start but the hardest to maintain as the intensity is increased. The good thing about this exercise routine is that it makes use of a whole lot of muscles. The arms are used to maintain the movement of the rope while the lower limbs are made use to perfect the cycle. Obviously, it burns out fat fairly heavily. Aside from burning fats, it also makes up a good cardio workout.
It is said that adding a run on your workout routine will be an effective way to lose fats. The pace needs to be intensified though in order to make it more effective. Sprinting is the key.
Sprinting is running at a short distance with the shortest time possible. Here is how it can be done on your routine.
- Do a warm up. You can start running on a treadmill for at least 30 minutes.
- After warming up, you can go for an outdoor sprint.
7. Sit ups
Sit ups on the other hand will strengthen your abdominal muscles. If there are fat stores on your belly, this exercise will really create a big impact in shedding fats off the area.
- Do sit-ups for 12 repetitions.
- Make sure to maintain a straight back while doing the sit ups to prevent injuries and to encourage abdominal muscles to respond as well.
- You can do up to 3 cycles for every session for optimal results.
I hope you can implement these fat burning workouts for men above at least three time per week. I know you have a busy schedule but Hey, you got to reduce body fat right? The effectiveness of these workouts depends on the way they are practiced, so keenly following the steps. Incorporate it with a well-balanced diet and a complete avoidance of vices to get the best results that you could ever achieve. It will not only trim down weight and prevent obesity but it will also lead a way to living a healthy life.