How Much Walking You Need To Lose Weight
Walking is one of the easiest forms of exercise these days. It depends how often you are walking, you could lower one pound or more per week. Within five months you can lower over 20 pounds only with walking, without visiting a gym or undergoing specific diets.
You can shape up your muscles and make your health far better while lowering weight and inches from your body. The following exercise routine is very useful and everybody loves it once they understand how to perform the principles of walking in order to lose weight.
How to Lose Weight by Walking
The amount of calories that can be burn while walking depends on two factors: your body weight and walking place. You will burn 400 calories in one hour if you are walking with average speed of 4 miles per hour.
So, you dont need to walk only 4 miles in one day. You can walk additional 3 miles and burn 300 more calories that day. You can also walk a shorter distances, all you need to do is to adapt it with your schedule. Pedometer will assist you to burn more calories while walking and implementing your daily plan.
Pedometers and Weight Loss
If you intend to lower your weight with walking, you should buy a pedometer or wrist band that can monitor your daily exercises. This will boost your chances to achieve your desired results.
Pedometer is a helpful accessory and you should wear it close to your hip area. It doesnt weight much and has a lot of properties. One of the best property is that it can tell you how much steps you take during the day.
If you know how many miles you are walking in one day, you will know how many more you will need in order to burn additional calories. You will know if you need to make longer steps or distance through the day in order to notice an improvement in the number on the scale.
In case you are having 8,000 steps in your daily routine and still maintain the body weight, the number of steps that you should add in your daily routine is only a mathematical problem. Adding your mileage as per the amount of calories you need to burn (more details explained in the text below).
How Many Steps to Take to Lose Weight?
Most of the people need to have 2000 steps in one mile in order to burn calories and lose weight. You can burn 100 calories in one mile. Pedometer will monitor your steps, noting how many calories are burnt and how many miles you walked that day. Some extra working out is not necessary. All you need to do is to add more steps in your daily routine.
- 1 Mile = 2.000 steps and 100 calories burned
- 1 Pound 3.500 calories
- Losing 1 Pound of weight weekly = 500 calories daily
- You will need to have 10.000 steps on a daily basis in order to lose 1 pound in a week
Here are some tips how to adapt your walking when you have a busy day if 10.000 steps seem too much walking (you can start slowly and lose less weight and then increase the number of steps to 10.000)
- Dont use the bus always, you can walk to your home or work, or you can simply get off the bus on the halfway of your destination
- Dont park your car on the destination where you need to get, park it somewhere far away and take a walk
- You can walk to the station and forget about taking a taxi or a bus
- Never use the elevator, instead take the stairs.
- Walk with your children to school
If you have more sophisticated pedometer you can check the number of pounds you lowered or how many calories you have burned. This info will give you the exact picture of what you achieved with your walks.
Due to the delicate elements recorded you should purchase a nice quality pedometer if you can afford it, which will record each step you had and each calorie you burned. The American Medical Association recommends using of pedometer for better weight control and more efficient weight loss.
How to Keep it Interesting
- If you are using the same track every day, at the same time, it will become a very boring routine. Change the track and your habits often.
- Walk in different places, parks, neighborhoods, or listen the music you like, it will give you motivation and more energy to finish what you started.
- The cold weather during the winter mustnt be an obstacle for you. You can buy a treadmill and watch your favorite TV show or movie while walking.
- Invite your friend or someone from your family to join you in your walks. They may walk with you once or twice a week, but they will still inspire new things in your daily walking routine. Even if you have strong will, the same walking routine could be very boring. This must not happen.
- Change your routines and make it as exciting as you can.
Everyone knows how to walk. Many people have less desire for walking because of the habits or routines they developed throughout the years.
If you intend to walk for exercise you should concentrate your eyes 100 feet forward, hold your chin up, squeeze your glutes and tighten your abdomen in the same direction with your spine. This way you will have optimum results from your walking.
How Often Should You Walk?
If you seriously intend to begin with this daily walking routine, you should ask your doctor for an advice, in order to tell you if you are healthy enough to stand this activity.
Once your doctor approved, you should first walk three days in a week for 15-20 minutes. Then, step by step you should raise the walking routine until you walk 30-60 minutes every day of the week.
You will find that this is the easiest and the best way to lower your weight without any particular diet regime.